Thursday 17 March 2011

VCT Timeline

BRIEF: In Term 2 you will produce a text-based timeline charting an aspect of the development of the graphic design profession and deliver a short presentation based on the research used to create the timeline. The Timeline must contain 1000 words, be fully referenced using Harvard System and include a bibliography. The Timeline should also include a range of visual examples of the design works you are analysing. The Timeline must be submitted in a printed format no larger than A3 in size. I was advised by my tutor Monika that in 2nd year of the FDA the VCT is usually closely linked with another project you are doing and to do that this year would be really good practice. So the subject of my timeline will be one the history of women in design as I had studied the subject of Women in Design through my Newspaper Club project. 


First of all I had to decide how I wanted to compile the timeline, I found that it is very tricky to research far back into the role women played in the history of graphic design due to their social standing in much of the 20th century and back. So I decided that my timeline needed to be a compilation not only of important moments, events and turning points that women have played in the history of design but also a celebration and reminder of the truly great careers of female designers.


No comments:

Post a Comment